Monday, February 7, 2011

Introduction

A hazel-eyed view of life in Western Kentucky

In January of 2008 I launched my blogging career, purely unintentional. My younger sister was so into blogging, always mentioning her friends in various parts of the world. I personally thought she should get a life with real people; but, when she sent me her blogging address on Yahoo! 360, I bit, or should I say I clicked, and checked out her blog. I began this process at about 8 o'clock on Thursday night. By midnight I had read her blog, read several other blogs, and had successfully launched my own blog. By the midnight hour I had a clear understanding of social blogging--the people who blog are very real, because they are you and I. Also, I found that the friendships made through blogs are longlasting, helpful to each other, and allows expression of thought to be worded more diplomatically than when delivered orally. We can see what and how we have said things, and then we edit ever so thoughtfully. So, my hazel-eyed view of life lets me conclude that blogging friends make some of the best friends in the world.

And this, friends, is the launching of my first "serious-minded" blog. The by-line "God's World ... As I See It" was chosen by me because it will free me to blog on anything I wish. Some topics I plan to cover will be issues such as the flying of the Rebel flag in this country in this century, how I personally feel about such issues, and my thoughts on why slavery, et cetera, may be mentioned in the Bible.

I will be posting each Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, beginning yesterday, Sunday, February 6, 2011.

I am a budding photographer, so some of God's World shown you will be truly as I see it though the lens of my Minolta. I may offer photos for sale from time to time. I anticipate photographing some landscapes in black and white. I thoroughly enjoy taking my digital with me when I go walking, and snapping pics of rusty gates and the corner posts of fences. In short, I like to photograph "oddities."

I established in my earlier blog that I am one and the same as Cheyanne who blogged on Yahoo! 360. I hope that all my "real" friends both here in the states and abroad will learn of this new blog and read it. It is my desire that they, and you, always feel free to comment and offer your opinions and ideas.

Till Next Blog,


Cheyanne  

No comments:

Post a Comment